SC junks Sereno ouster appeal
SC upholds ouster
The Supreme Court on Tuesday upheld its decision granting the quo warranto petition which ousted Ma. Lourdes Sereno from the Chief Justice post.
This was announced by SC Spokesman Theodore Te in a press briefing after the High Court’s en banc session.
Te said the High Court denied with finality the motion for reconsideration filed by Sereno, who is the first top magistrate to be removed from office through quo warranto proceedings.
“The Supreme Court En Banc, during its session today, in the matter of G.R. No. 237428 (Republic of the Philippines, represented by Solicitor General Jose C. Calida v. Maria Lourdes P. A. Sereno), denied with finality respondent’s Motion for Reconsideration of the Court’s May 11, 2018 Decision,” Te told reporters.
- Senators maintain opposition to quo warranto ruling
- Fariñas slams Sereno over ‘House held SC budget hostage’ remark
- SC junks PCGG’s P51-B damages claim vs. Marcoses, cronies
- Palace wishes Sereno good luck as ‘private citizen’
- SC junking of Sereno’s bid to reverse ouster expected: solons